HOUSTON, TX (November 11, 2016) – Ritchie Bros. conducted its fifth and final Houston, TX auction of the year this week, selling more than 4,200 equipment items and trucks for US$43+ million.
More than 4,725 people from 55+ countries registered to bid in the November 9 – 10 auction, including 3,000+ bidders participating online—both are new bidder records for the Houston auction site. U.S. buyers purchased 85 percent of the equipment, including 45 percent purchased by Texas buyers. International buyers from as far away as India, Japan, and the United Kingdom purchased 15 percent of the equipment.
"We had a very successful auction with record turnout both onsite and online for the final Houston auction of 2016. Once again, we were able to achieve solid pricing in many equipment and truck categories," said Alan McVicker, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. "With uncertainty surrounding the U.S. election now over, bidders seemed very upbeat and had a positive attitude about the future in the industry. The market seems very strong right now as we approach our final Texas auction of 2016 in Fort Worth on November 30 and December 1. Equipment category highlights in this week's Houston auction included general construction equipment, cranes, telescopic forklifts, vocational trucks, truck tractors and trailers."
Ritchie Bros. sold equipment for 560+ owners. Highlights included 85+ compactors, 80+ excavators, 60+ cranes, 50+ loader backhoes, 45+ skid steers, 30+ dozers, 65+ flatbed trucks, 35+ dump trucks, 240+ truck tractors, and more. All items were sold without minimum bids or reserve prices.
Specific sales highlights:
- A 2008 Terex Demag AC250-2 300-ton 12x8x10 all-terrain crane sold for US$685,000
- A 2007 Grove GMK5275 275-ton 10x8x10 all-terrain crane sold for US$620,000
- A 2013 Grove TMS9000E 110-ton T/A T/A hydraulic truck crane sold for US$530,000
- A 2011 Caterpillar 345D crawler hydraulic drill sold for US$500,000
- A 2010 Terex CS45KM 50-ton reach stacker container handler sold for US$270,000
- A 2014 Trail King TK160HDG 80-ton tri/a lowboy sold for US$227,500
- A 2013 Volvo A40F 6x6 articulated dump truck sold for US$180,000
- A 2013 Volvo L220G wheel loader sold for US$137,500
AUCTION QUICK FACTS: HOUSTON, TEXAS – November 9 – 10, 2016
- Total Gross Auction Proceeds – US$43+ million
- Amount sold to online bidders – US$23+ million (53 percent)
- Total registered bidders (in person and online) – 4,725+
- Registered online bidders – 3,000+
- Total lots sold – 4,200+
- Number of sellers – 560+
Ritchie Bros.' will conduct two more auctions in Texas in 2016: El Paso on November 22 and Fort Worth on November 30 – December 1. Visit rbauction.com for more information.
About Ritchie Bros.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is the world's largest industrial auctioneer, and one of the world's largest sellers of used equipment for the construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, mining, forestry and other industries. Ritchie Bros.TM asset management and disposition solutions include live unreserved public auctions with on-site and online bidding; EquipmentOneTM, an online auction marketplace; Mascus, a global online equipment listing service; private negotiated sales through Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty; and a range of ancillary services, including financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. Ritchie Bros. has operations in 19 countries, including 44 auction sites worldwide. Learn more at rbauction.com, EquipmentOne.com, mascus.com, rbauction.com/privatetreaty and rbauction.com/financing.
Photos and video for embedding in media stories are available at rbauction.com/media.
For more information, please contact:
Corporate Communications Lead
For investor inquiries, please contact:
Director, Investor Relations